baby, toddler, + kid gift guides!
Have I mentioned that gifts are my favorite? Listen, I appreciate the sentiment of “Let’s focus on the reason for the season and go gift free this year!” but I also know that some people (hi, me!) love giving gifts. It’s important to focus on quality over quantity for me, but some people do tons of little gifts and that’s ok too. There is not a right or wrong answer when it comes to gift giving – do what is best for you and your family.
That being said, here are my favorite gifts for babies, toddlers, + kids!
*Disclaimer – some links below are affiliate links. That means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase via that link! Just trying to feed the family 😉
1. This kyte baby sleep sack is THE COZIEST thing I have ever felt. It’s nice and long so I think it’ll definitely fit Emmy next year too. Did I mention it’s SO COZY???
2. I will never not suggest books books books! Yes, even for the little babes. Just the presence of books in the home has such a huge impact on student success later on. and there are so many good ones out there – we love “Beautiful Oops!”
3. Because baby’s sight is still developing, these high contrast black and white cards are perfect for your wee littles!
4. And as they start to grow and walk, this walker will be great! I love that it also comes with blocks so it’s multifunctional!
5. Need something to keep the baby entertained while you sneak a quick shower?? The sophie rattle will do that for you! I don’t know why babies love Sophie so much but I love that this rattle is more interactive than the regular Sophie.
6. Have someone who likes to buy practical gifts? The baby essentials bundle is perfect for that!
7. Bath toys are always a hit in this house! Be forewarned – these toys might lead to wanting to take a 45 minute bath!
8. Finally, this activity table has taken us through Lainey as a infant, transitioned to a regular table when she was a toddler, and is now back to an activity seat for Emmy! We love it so much, my parents bought one for their house too!
1. I might completely regret this but I think Lainey would love this wooden drum set! I love wooden toy sets because they don’t clash with my decor – ha!
2. Ok, the nugget couch is a cult favorite and is often sold out! I’d suggest signing up for email notifications if you are interested in snagging one.
3. Lainey loves her alphabet puzzle and I love this one that comes with the upper and the lower case letters.
4. Have I mentioned that kids of all ages should be surrounded with books??
6. We also recently got this wooden rocker which is the perfect toy for Lainey to grow in to.
8. Lainey could spend all day outside! I think she would love this tricycle!
1. You can’t beat some quality outdoor swinging time! Our neighbors have this swing and we sneak over and use it sometimes! It’s so fun!
2. This interactive osmo for iPad kit is a great way to use technology in a purposeful way!
3. Everyone in this house loves magnetic tiles (Bryan most of all)! They are another great gift for any age.
4. Did y’all have a pogo stick when you were growing up?? I used to love this thing and think it would make a great present this Christmas!
5. Am I a broken record yet?? You should get your kids some books! The DogMan series is extremely popular and the newest book is available for pre-order now. It comes out December 10 so it’ll be here in time for Christmas!
6. Want to teach your kids how to code? The ozobot is the best beginner coding robot for kids! You don’t need a device to operate it – just use the markers that it comes with. My students, kinder to sixth grade, all love it!
7. Got someone on your list who is into art? I love this pixel art kit because it has endless possibilities!
8. Finally, good ole’ puzzles and board games – you can’t go wrong! This tetris puzzle could keep the kiddos entertained for a while!
We are asking for gymnastics lessons for Lainey from my parents! Lessons can be pricey so it makes for a great gift!
Other ideas include:
a membership of some sort (zoo, museum, arboretum)
babysitting (ok this one is for mom and dad)
Obviously this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it helps you get some ideas for the smaller people in your life!